STAR Before and After School Program
STAR Before and After School Care
The Hoffman Estates Park District’s STAR Before & After School Program is available for children needing before and after school care. The STAR program provides your child a safe environment in a recreational setting. Activities may include but are not limited to art projects, sports, games, outdoor play and homework time. A light snack will be offered in the After Care. Before Care is offered from 7:00am until the start of school and after care is from school dismissal until 6:00pm. Three day and five day options available.
District 15 Schools —
(children are bused to Willow Recreation Center View in Google Maps).
District 54 Schools — STAR held at your child’s school.
Registration for 2016-2017 School Year
- STAR registration is on a first come first serve basis. Enrollment is limited. A $25 per child non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of registration. Nine monthly payments will be deducted from your checking account or credit card through our Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) billing system. The deductions will occur on the 10th of each month (August-April).
- Registration packets available at the Triphahn Center for District 54 schools and at Willow Recreation Center for District 15 schools.
- Registration closes on August 5, 2016
- Registration re-opens on August 29, 2016 with a start date of September 6 or later.
- Any families interested in registering after August must pay first months fee up front.
- There is a 5 business day processing period before your child can start
Info for STAR Parents
Weather Policy – Full Day School Closing
STAR will not be in session on the days school is cancelled due to large amounts of snow or ice or emergency closing. Willow STAR follows the School District 15 snow days. Lakeview, Fairview, Armstrong, Muir, Lincoln Prairie and McArthur STAR sites follow School District 54 snow days. Refunds will not be issued. Days will be added at the end of the year. You can find out about Weather Related closings at our Weather Updates page or on our mobile app.
Child Care for Elementary Kids on SEVERE COLD DAYS off of school.
Child care is available on severe COLD days off of school. May not apply on SNOW DAYS off of school, due to large amounts of snow or ice.
For kids Kindergarten through 6th grade at the Triphahn Center, 1685 W. Higgins Road. Parents may drop off children as early as 7am, pick up is no later than 6pm. $40 per child
You must show proof of registration via receipt or emailed receipt when you drop off your child in the morning. Children must bring a sack lunch and drink. Please be sure your child has eaten breakfast before arriving.