FOIA & Transparency Center
Access to information and transparency to our community is something the Hoffman Estates Park District takes very seriously. To that end, we’ve compiled a list of the most frequently requested documents to assist the public in obtaining information. We welcome your feedback and/or questions.
Freedom of Information Act
In compliance with the Freedom of Information Act, the Hoffman Estates Park District’s Freedom of Information Act Officers and Open Meeting Act Officers are as follows:
Jane Kaczmarek, Executive Assistant – 847-781-3633
Craig Talsma, Deputy Director/Director of Admin. & Finance – 847-310-3607
Dean Bostrom, Executive Director – 847-310-3604
Peg Kusmierski, Administrative Assistant – 847-310-3617
The following form may be used to request records of the Park District: Freedom of Information Act (printable pdf)
Board and Committee Packets
Budget & Appropriation Ordinance
- Annual Financial Reports & TIFs
- Information on expenditures
- HEPD is a member of:
- Lobbying: 4% of IAPD dues funds legislative advocacy and can be considered lobbying support for parks and recreation.
- 2013 – $278 2012 – $270 2011 – $264 2010 – $277 2009 – $257
The district does not directly fund any lobbying efforts with either local, state or federal governments.
- Comprehensive Master PlanThe district has finalized its five year Comprehensive Master Plan. This planning process was a detailed evaluation of all aspects of the district’s parks, programs, facilities and services. It involved redefining the mission, values and long-term goals, a district-wide analysis of our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, benchmarking against comparable park districts, researching trends, assessing our operations and conducting community-wide focus groups and an attitude and interest survey.