Junior Wolf Pack – Starter Skate Class
Get your hockey career started in the “greatest game on earth” in this renowned extremely popular 2 day per week “skating only” program that is ideal for the athlete that has never skated or has limited experience on skates. To fully enjoy playing hockey it is vital players first learn the 7 key skating elements to be able to apply to the other 4 major skills of hockey.
Our excellent professional staff and levels within the program enable players to progress at the speed that suits them.
The progression includes two specific categories:
• First Steps to Skating- Players will learn to get up and down on skates, stand, walk , march glide and use edges in the beginning stages of functional skating. Bike helmets and ski gloves or similar are mandatory.
• Free Skating and Movement-Players then progress to working on the 7 elements of skating while enjoying creative movement in various activities/games. Players in this group must supply their own USA Hockey approved hockey helmet with a full face mask. Plastic sticks may be introduced at the end of the session. Price includes both days.
Jr. Wolf Pack – Hockey Skills Development Class
This renowned training is for players 5 to 15 yrs that have graduated from the Jr Wolf Pack Starter Skater Program where the skating skills enable the learning and execution of the other 4 major skills (stick handling, passing, shooting and safe checking) Although the focus on the program remains the mastering of the “Sumo System” of skating it also includes training in stick work and small area games. Etc. The goal is to prepare players to advance to playing on a Wolf Pack hockey team. Players are to supply USA Hockey approved hockey helmet with full face mask and a stick (purchase low cost stick that comes up to nose without skates and has minimal curve). All other equipment is available up to certain sizes. Price includes both days. Click here for Wolf Pack Development info.
Want to try being a goalie? Or are you looking for personalized training in weekly skills sessions for goalies? Excellent instruction in a positive atmosphere by professional, highly motivated and talented instructors. Contact Randy Jordan at 847-285-5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Jr. Wolf Pack – Mite In-House League
This in house league creates house teams to enable players to learn game play in cross, half and full ice contests. Learn one on one offensive and defensive approaches. Puck movement. Using the body effectively and safely. Learn how to compete! Players will be recommended by coaches from the Jr. Wolf Pack when this next step makes sense. Players can add this to their training at any time. It is recommended to continue mastering the 5 major skills in the 2 day Jr. Wolf Pack Hockey Skills Classes. . Click here for more info.
Wolf Pack Hockey Club
The Wolf Pack Hockey Club (WPHC) of Hoffman Estates, IL, is a Tier III club playing in the Northwest Hockey League (NWHL), and Tier II club playing in Northern Illinois Hockey League (NIHL).
In its six year existence the Wolf Pack Hockey Club has become among the largest participating teams and player membership in the Northwest Hockey League. Exploding player registration numbers, a continued growth of existing players, and a focus on 5 skill advancement, has created the need for new levels for the more experienced, focused and skilled players that for various reasons, proximity, training methods and program philosophy may continue playing for the Wolf Pack Hockey Club.
In 2010-11, our first and probationary year at NIHL, the Wolf Pack fielded three teams. All teams were placed at the Silver level, and each team finished in the top 5 of the top tier, two won the President’s Cup, and one finished second in the Blackhawk Cup. Following the 2010-2011 season, the Wolf Pack Hockey Club was approved a full Tier II program and grown into a large Tier II club fielding teams at every level.
The WPHC has focused on and had great success with our development program. The Wolf Pack Hockey Club has established a development philosophy that depends upon and prides itself on organic growth. The developmental program is responsible for starting hundreds of new hockey players with a solid hockey foundation recognized by USA Hockey. A sizeable Hoffman Estates Park District investment in “one goal” equipment, the training of a number of focused coaches in a systematic (SUMO) process of development and then a belief that more coaches and ice time engages, creates faster enjoyment and commitment to the sport has seen numbers go beyond any imaginable estimates.
MITE HOCKEY OPTIONS FOR 2016/2017 SEASON
1. IN HOUSE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM- This in house 2 x week lesson development program is for the player that has advanced from the starter skater level and is ready to take the 7 elements of skating skills and apply them to hockey stick and small game training-Registration information out July 27
2. Jr WOLF PACK IN HOUSE LEAGUE – (players born 2008 or later)Learn the Game- This league is designed to teach the game in a fun lightly competitive environment with all games being against our own in house teams. Teams will be will be formed play ½ and full ice games on Sundays and have a team practice per week. games
This program is for the passionate player that is able to move on skates and able to play with a puck but not quite ready for full ice competitive team play against other programs. Sessions game will be controlled by coaches who will teach the game while games are being played. Example-( give and go, off side, triangulation, own zone coverage, out of own zone, head manning puck, options without the puck, attacking the net, 1 on 1, 2 on 1, 3 on 1, 3 on 2, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 etc etc) Price to run until end of December Res $340 Non Res $350 Registration information out July 27
NOTE- SHORT SEASON ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITY-Players that prove to be more advanced will be offered the opportunity to play in a U6 and U8 full ice league versus other clubs in the new year.
3. Wolf Pack Competitive NWHL House/Travel Team Play- Only Players born in 2008 and 2009 are eligible for this USA Hockey league – Although competitive, this league is for players that have gained the ability to skate, handle the puck and compete against other programs house league teams- Includes high level skill training and team practices plus home and away games. Team jerseys (purchased additionally if needed) etc Coaches will advise to when to play full competitive travel hockey. Teams will play scrimmage games until league play starts December 1st. www.nwhleague.com
Price Res $1380.00 Non res $1412.00 $300 deposit and payment plan available.
4. Coyotes Travel- Competitive travel team play- (all players born 2008 or later are eligible in this AAU League). For the passionate dedicated child that looks to play with and compete against similar players from other travel programs. Includes more games and practice starting in September, more sophisticated and advanced training and game learning and world class tournament events.
• Two tournaments included in the cost.
• Travel Mite Coordinator and Team 1 Head Coach-Elite Player and high level Coach Steve Centers creates a team environment of on and off ice fun and events unlike anyone else. He runs his teams with a professional feel in a super exciting and enjoyable atmosphere. Players have a great time improving! www.hecoyotes.org
Price: Total $2295.00 – $300 deposit and payment plan available
Note: Pre skates will enable coaches to best advise players as to the best plan for the season. Please DO NOT register for USA Hockey or AAU until teams have been determined
Hoffman Estates Park District offers several camps seasonally to address the needs of new skaters to developing athletes. Click here for camp details and to register.
Hockey is a Great Game for Girls!
Click here to learn more about the Wolverines
Adult Hockey Lessons
For a great way to have fun and get fit, hockey just can’t be beat! This fun, low-key course is open to men and women. Focus on the key skating components and then apply them to stick handling, shooting, passing and safe checking. Through on-ice exercises you will see great progress and be able to play games in no time. Click here for informations and registration.
Adult Drop-in Hockey
The Ice Arena offers regular drop in hockey for adults. Call about Sunday Nights 847–885–7500. *Players must be 18 or older. ID required. Bring your own equipment and helmet.
$10 per visit
$70 for 10 visits
Click here for Drop In Hockey hours.
Skating Special Events
Hoffman Estates Park District offers many fun and exciting skating special events. Skating Events held thoughout the year: Ice Show, Egg Slide, Great Pumpkin Skate, Skate with Santa and many more! Click here for more information on special events.
Why sit idle while the kids are on the ice when you can get fit? Get moving at the Triphahn Fitness Center. Rates as low as $19/month.
Contact for Hockey: Randy Jordan, 847-285-5501, email@example.com